Sending Your Child to Preschool Isn't Enough. Here's Why Home Learning is a Must.
In the heart of India, where culture and tradition thrive, an education revolution is quietly taking place within the cozy confines of homes. Home learning, predominantly through play-based activities, is making waves nationwide.
Naturally, children under six spend most of their time at home. They learn by imitating their parents and other adults around the house, experimenting with readily available household materials. Studies have uncovered that parents are, knowingly or unknowingly, their children's first and most influential teachers.
Here are a few practical play-based activities we encourage that you can easily do at home with any young child:
1. Storytelling with Props: Storytelling is a fantastic way to enhance language skills. Encourage your child to create their own stories. To make it more engaging, gather simple props like stuffed animals, dolls, or household objects and use them to act out the stories together. This stimulates creativity and language development and is virtually cost-free.
Clik here to view a bedtime story: https://youtube.com/shorts/BARPcg8VG6I?si=_zLE5NIfzLtR2SCH
2. Recycled Art: Encourage creativity by collecting recyclable materials such as old newspapers, cardboard boxes, plastic bottles, and broken toys. Use these materials to create art projects. For instance, you can make paper mache masks or sculptures from cardboard. Not only does this activity foster imagination, but it's also an eco-friendly way to have fun.
3. Nature Scavenger Hunt: Take your child on a nature walk in your local surroundings, whether it's a garden, park, or even along a nearby stream. Create a list of items commonly found in your area, such as different types of leaves, rocks, or flowers. Your child can then explore, identify, and collect these items. It's an excellent way to connect with nature and develop observation skills. Plus, it's entirely cost-free.
Click here for scavenger hunt at home: (117) अक्षर 'आ' से वस्तुएँ ढूँढना | Finding Objects आ | Hindi | 4-6 years - YouTube
4. Traditional Games: Reintroduce conventional games like hopscotch, marbles, or kite flying. These games are entertaining and teach essential skills like hand-eye coordination and strategy. They require minimal equipment and can often be played with household items.
Click here for a physical game: (117) दोनों हाथों से गेंद पकड़ना | Catching A Ball With Both Hands | Hindi | 3-6 - YouTube
5. Artistic Expression: Encouraging creativity with coloring, drawing, or finger painting is a fantastic way to foster artistic Expression. Parents can readily use materials like old newspapers or magazines at home.
Home learning through play-based activities offers myriad benefits, especially for low-income parents who may lack access to traditional preschools. It becomes a vital bridge, closing the gap in early childhood education. With our innovative programs and community-building efforts, Rocket Learning is committed to empowering parents and caregivers ensuring equitable access to high-quality early childhood education.
In the diverse tapestry of India, home-based early education, supported by Rocket Learning, adds another layer of richness to a child's journey of self-discovery and growth.
Parents who increasingly understand the transformative power of home learning are embracing these undeniable benefits:
1. Holistic Development:
Engaging in educational activities at home is more than just child's play; it fosters holistic development in young children. These activities nurture cognitive abilities, emotional intelligence, social skills, and physical agility. The research underscores that the early years offer a critical window to lay the foundation for lifelong learning and success.
Rocket Learning is at the forefront of this movement, empowering parents with research-backed, age-appropriate learning materials and guidance. Our content spans a spectrum from socio-emotional development to physical growth. Notably, over 90% of our content promotes off-device activities, encouraging children to explore their environment, a crucial aspect of their development. We have cultivated a vibrant community through our WhatsApp groups, where peer-to-peer motivation and group effects enhance the home learning experience.
2. Stronger Bond:
Parents' dedicated quality time spent in educational activities, such as storytelling, creative play, and exploration, does more than enrich skills; it strengthens the emotional connection between parents and children. Countless studies emphasize the profound impact of parent-child bonding on a child's emotional well-being and cognitive development.
Rocket Learning recognizes parents as primary educators and champions this nurturing environment. Our users have reported a twofold increase in the quality of time spent with their children. This heightened connection significantly contributes to their child's overall development.
During the formative years, encouraging sharing, turn-taking, and cooperative play lays the groundwork for healthy social interactions. Our campaigns like "Padhai ka Partner (Study Buddy)" or "Super Dad" underscore the significance of involving all family members, beyond just mothers, in early childcare and education. This relationship-building fosters a supportive community, nurturing children's growth.
3. Enhanced Language Skills:
Language development in early childhood is a pivotal step in a child's educational journey. Substantial research demonstrates that reading aloud, singing songs, and engaging in meaningful conversations significantly stimulate language development.
Rocket Learning, in alignment with the latest research and initiatives like the new National Education Policy (NEP 2020), actively promotes using the mother tongue for teaching during the formative years. This approach reinforces the pivotal role of pre-literacy and pre-numeracy education. We encourage parents to read to their children and provide research-backed early literacy resources conveniently delivered through WhatsApp. By actively participating in these research-backed educational activities at home, parents empower their children with essential language skills, setting a robust foundation for future learning and success.
Our approach is grounded in practicality and innovation, promoting activities integrated into everyday life. Let's continue to spark joy, curiosity, and a love for learning in our children's hearts. Together, we're shaping a brighter future, one playful learning moment at a time.